Senior PR & Media Relations Manager (Budapest)
Attention Job Seekers: In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you that Tresorit is actively hiring for this position. Remote working opportunities possible. We look forward to receiving your applications to join our marketing team.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior PR & Media Relations professional to join our marketing team. In this exciting role, you will build and advance Tresorit's brand image and reputation, drive engagement with media, industry influencers and policymakers. Your primary mission as our new Senior PR & Media Relations Manager will be to accelerate awareness for Tresorit globally.
Our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter, who thrives in high-velocity environments. You enjoy being hands-on and strategic and see challenges as opportunities to do your best work.
- Develop and direct the execution of Tresorit’s strategic PR and external communications plan to accelerate the awareness of the Tresorit brand.
- Media Strategy: Develop comprehensive multifaceted PR and Media strategies for ongoing and new campaigns.
- Writing: Write & assist in writing news releases, blogs, position statements, policies, and external memos.
- Editing: Edit public-facing writing for consistency, clarity, and relevance.
- List Building: Build and maintain a list of media contacts.
- Networking: Add to network media lists through outreach to journalists.
- Story Pitching: Pitch stories to journalists using persuasive writing skills that match our stories to journalists’ needs.
- Digital Communication: Utilize all available channels and platforms to promote content, find journalists, and pitch stories to accelerate the awareness of our brand.
- Thought Leadership: Craft unique, compelling, engaging thought leadership content that positions Tresorit and its executives.
- Cultivate ongoing media relationships with the media/press.
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for day-to-day queries from the media/press.
- Develop and execute reactive and proactive PR and communications plans using all channels interviews, blog posts, statements, etc.
- Maintain a strong level of administrative and operational rigor, producing reports, analysis, and data on Tresorit's position in the media with a specific focus on important and topics, themes, and issues.
- Proactively informing the team about media issues that may arise in our markets or industry verticals.
- Create stories about Tresorit and industry moments that are interesting for the media and our target audiences.
- Distribute stories in international general and B2B media, social media and influencer networks.
- Develop and nurture relationship with influencers, journalists, bloggers around the world.
- Support business objectives by producing relevant content in collaboration with customer acquisition and customer marketing teams.
- Reach out to communities on the owned social channels but also driving community programs, incentives, and special content geared to drive excitement.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate a strong network with local media, tastemakers, opinion leaders and brands in the IT industry.
- Partner closely with international counterparts to ensure that efforts which work locally are incorporated in other countries and leverage the best of what works elsewhere locally / regionally.
- Identify locally and internationally relevant PR topics and content for press.
- Build out of social channel representatives at Tresorit who have a strong personal brand supporting Tresorit.
- Work within Marketing team to develop and support integrated marketing campaigns.
Create content for press releases.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends, our markets or industry verticals and make appropriately incorporate them to into the PR and strategy.
- Define and adapt the right messaging by type of audience.
- Manage relationships with agencies, suppliers and strategic partners
- Project Management: Take ownership of media campaigns from development to fruition.
- Effectively manage schedules tasks/projects in order to ensure the fulfillment of the above strategy (ensure that the required work is completed on time in high quality - schedule may include due dates for specific projects and deliverables as well as personnel-specific schedules, which can be especially important if staff members work on multiple projects/tasks/campaigns)
- Develop the right metrics to calibrate success
- Balance of high-level planning and direction and hands-on guidance to ensure that team members complete tasks according to schedule.
- Determine (via examination, needs assessment and decision making) how to best allocate resources to complete projects on time and according to budget.
- Throughout the project/task development and execution processes, to identify and recommend changes to enhance the team’s performance, increase productivity in line with company goals.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests on time; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Report progresses and critical issues to the affected departments and/or upper management.
- Interact effectively with other company leaders, teams and stakeholders to collectively meet business goals and growth objectives.
- Liaise and keep partnership contacts with vendors, stakeholders of the function.
- Complies with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Monitor all open legal/technical/methodological issues involving the company, and affecting the industry.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare ad-hoc tasks upon his/her superior’s request.
- Inform superior or dedicated team member or cross check before the execution of other task or direction which may come from other member of the company.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience of leading small size teams
- A proven track record with hands-on experience in successfully managing and implementing PR and media relations initiatives in B2B tech environments (would be a plus but not essential).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Native German or French would be highly advantageous.